Leading for the Winning Mind™
Dave “J.D. Buck Savage” Smith first presented The Winning Mind in 1987. Since then it has evolved into one of the most remarkable training experiences that law enforcement personnel will ever attend. Dave now team-teaches an enhanced workshop version of this course with his wife and training partner, Betsy Brantner Smith.
Together, Dave and Betsy look at the key components of peak performance, including who wins and why, the roles that optimism, risk and bureaucracy play in our personal and professional lives, and how individuals and organizations can make themselves truly resilient. Dave and Betsy will present an entertaining & inspiring program designed to help everyone, regardless of their experience, optimize their odds of winning any confrontation as well as winning at life!
The Winning Mind is updated continuously and a resource list is provided so that students can study and learn on their own. In their own unique, energetic style, Dave and Betsy Smith give men & women the mental edge they need to not only face threats on the street but also manage the stresses they may confront in their daily lives, both on and off duty. In this multi-media session, the Smith’s will discuss:
- What makes someone a “winner?”
- Why “survival” is minimalistic and we must train to WIN!
- Defeating the effects of “routine”
- Understanding the role beliefs play in winning
- What is true “optimism?”
- What training really works and why
- Is good communication essential to winning?
- The science of crisis decision making
- “Gender Intelligence” and effective training
- Courageous leadership in these uncertain times
- The “Not Today” mindset, every day, on every shift
- Training for the “Risk Thermostat”
- The true role of “Warrior Ethos” in all aspects of law enforcement
- Being truly resilient after a setback!
This training event is perfect for anyone in law enforcement, from management to recruits, from sworn to civilian, from patrol to investigations, and spouses are encouraged to attend. Dave Smith’s The Winning Mind has something for everyone!